Cast metal plaques are the best way to identify special places, events and people. For fund raising, what better way to recognize the contributions of those who made possible the growth and expansion of your institution? Nothing else can provide the unmistakable look and permanence of real cast bronze or aluminum.
Shown here are examples of what cast plaques are used for. Other uses include historical markers, industrial signs, paperweights, office signs, desk name plates, military seals, custom logos and grave markers. If you have something else in mind, give us a call at 1-210-223-1831.
All our plaques are made using the most modern computerized imaging technology that turns your creative ideas into beautiful cast bronze and aluminum plaques. Letter styles, logos and custom artwork are almost limitless. We can customize to your specifications
The plaque dimensions can vary but additional fees may apply for installation or delivery. The background texture can be leatherette or pebble. Standard background colors are oxidized (brown) for bronze plaques and black for aluminum plaques. Backgrounds can also be painted any color you desire (send actual color sample). All raised surfaces (letters, borders) are satin finished. Logos can be added at no additional charge if computer disk file or camera ready artwork is provided. For those occasions when time does not allow the plaques to be ready for your occasion, we offer full-size mockups in color or black & white. Contact us for price and availability.
Click Border Styles for a selection of our standard borders. You can also find these borders on page 4 of our catalog.
For letter styles, you can send us your own artwork or computer disk, or you can choose from our styles. Click Letter Styles for some examples of our more popular letter styles we have to choose from.
Click Mounting Methods to see the standard fastening methods of plaques. Other mounting attachments can be furnished to meet your individual requirement.
Spiro’s Is dedicated in honor of our beloved friend Nicolaos Spiropoulos. A pillar of the Reserve at Lake Travis, Nick blessed so many with his gracious heart, vivacious personality, and welcoming smile. May we all remember: In life, there are tall ships, big ships, small ships, but the best ships of all are friendships.
Cameron County Native Plant Center. 2016. A coastal impact assistance program project, Sponsored by: Cameron County, Texas with funding assistance from qualified outer continental shelf oil and gas revenues by the coastal impact assistance program, U.S. Department of interior and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services CIAP Project: F12AF01074. Ocean Trust. Project Development & Management. South Padre Island, Texas. Commissioner Court. Pete Sepulveda, Jr. County Judge. Sofia C. Benavides – Commissioner Pct. 1. Alex Dominguez – Commissioner Pct. 2. David A. Garza – Commissioner Pct. 3. Don A. Sanchez – Commissioner Pct. 4. Cameron County Administration. David A. Garcia – County Administrator. Xavier E. Villareal – Deputy County Administrator. Joe E. Vega – Parks Director. Jaime R. Lopez – Deputy Parks Director. Architect – Listi Architects. Design Builder – Rosaro Corporation.
Free at last, Free at last, Thank God Almighty we are free at last. Washington, DC – 1963
The Lady Justice. Sculpted by Gilbert E. Barrera. The 1896 Fountain. Restored by Hilbert E. Barrera. Founding by. Ronald J, Herrmann and Karen H. Herrmann The Herrmann Family Charitable Foundation Hidalgo Foundation Tracy A. Wolff, Founder December 2008.
Birthplace of Coca-Cola. The first glass of Coca-Cola was sold for five cents on May 8, 1886, at Jacobs’ Pharmacy, a popular Atlanta soda fountain that was located on this corner. Coca-Cola was created by Atlanta pharmacist John Pemberton in his laboratory just a short walk from this location. Atlanta businessmen Asa Candler began to purchase the rights to the formula for Coca-Cola in 1888 and founded the Coca-Cola Company in 1892 as a Georgia corporation to manufacture and advertise Coca-Cola across the country. Candler sold the company in 1919 for $25 million to a group of investors that included Ernest Woodruff. His son, Robert Woodruff, led Coca-Cola for more than half of the twentieth century, expanding Coca-Cola into a global business. Today Coca-Cola is the most widely recognized consumer product in the world, Erected by the Georgia Historical Society and the Coca-Cola Company.
Painted aluminum cast post mounted plaque
Cast logo. Heart of Texas. Circle plaque with a black classic leatherette background.
Landmark award. 2015. 403 North. Presented by the heritage association of San Marcos, INC.
For 64 years, this building served as the seat of municipal governance. It was designed by local architect Charles D. Hill in the Beaux Arts style popular for Dallas’s city halls, conveyed an image of a prosperous, growing, and well- managed city.
Donor Aluminum plaque 12″ x 12″ concealed mounting.
Cameron County Native Plant Center. 2016. A Coastal impact assistance program project. Sponsored by: Cameron County, Texas with founding assistance from qualified outer continental shelf oil and gas revenues by the Coastal Impact Assistance Program, U.S. Department of interior and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services CIAP Project: F12AF01074. Ocean Trust Project Development & Management South Padre Island, Texas. Commissioners Court. Pere Sepulveda, Jr. County Judge. Sofia C. Benavides Commissioner Pct. 1. Alex Dominguez Commissioner Pct. 2 David A. Garza Commissioner Pct. 3 Don A. Sanchez Commissioner Pct. 4 Cameron County Administration. David A. Garcia County Administrator. Xavier E. Villareal Deputy County Administrator. Joe E. Vega Parks Director. Jamie R. Lopez Deputy Parks Director. Architect Listi Architects. Design Builder Rosaro Corporation.
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic places by the United States department of the interior.
The Country Doctor. In honor of the physicians who tirelessly served the community of Nacogdoches between the years of 1800 to 1950.
Bronze circle plaque made with a dedication list.
Rev. R.A. Callies, pastor, educator, native eastsider and recipient of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Distinguished Achievement Award. He was a catalyst in the 1970’s movement to have the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., recognized when he lobbied the State of Texas to adopt Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. He petitioned to rename Nebraska Street to Martin Lither King Drive, advocated to rename the James W. Riley Middle School to the Martin Luther King Academy, promoted the beautification of Martin Luther King Plaza, founded the Youth Leadership Conference for Community Progress and was instrumental in the building of the Freedom Bridge. Reverend Callies’ dedicated service to the East Side and the City of San Antonio has made him one of its influential leaders.
God created us all to be brothers sharing his blessings with one another regardless of race, creed or color. Donors. John G. Whittier Middle school. Convenant Missionary Baptist Church. First Gethsemane Baptist Church. Mrs. Rozella C. Miex. Presented by the: Youth leadership conference for community progress Rev. R.A. Callies, SR.: Founder April 10, 1968 Mrs. Corine C, Duncan” Advisor. Members. Evans Butler. Ebony Jones. Allan Holland. Larry Morris. Cal Holland. James Power. John Johnson. Melvin Sayles. Carlton Johns. Alvin Strait.
Cast metal letters on a wood veneer background.
The Lynching of Anthony Crawford. In Abbeville on Saturday, October 21, 1916, a white mob lynched a black leader named Anthony Crawford for cursing a white man. a 56-year0old planter, “Grandpa” Crawford owned 427 acres of land, had 13 children, and helped establish a school, a church, and farms in the local black community. During the Jim Crow era, successful black people were conspicuous – and arguing with whites was dangerous. That day, a White merchant demanded to buy Mr. Crawford’s cottonseed for a lower price. Mr. Crawford, who used to tell his family he’d rather “throw the seed in the Penny Creek.” refused to sell. After an argument, Mr. Crawford was arrested. A few hours later, 300 white man seized him from jail and fragged him through town behind a buggy. Finally stopping at the fairgrounds, the mob stabbed, beat, hanged, and shot Mr. Crawford over 200 times – then forbade the Crawford family to remove his hanging body from the tree. Terrorized, the well established, multi-generational Crawford family and many other local black people realized that Abbeville was not safe for them. Amid continued threats, most of the family scattered North, leaving behind what their patriarch had built and carrying the painful loss of his wisdom and humor. A century later, this marker symbolizes their continued remembrance – and hope that Abbeville never forget or repeat that horrendous October day. Equal Justice Initiate. 2016.
Hirstein Cemetery. Hirstein Cemetery is traceable to the early 1800’s when many of its graves sites were marked with wooden crosses, and many grave stones were written in German. Buried here are Samuel and Gertrude Hirstein, who both immigrated to America from Germany, married in Ohio in 1841 and later purchased farmland surrounding this area. In 1855 they formally granted one acre of land for cemetery purposes to the trustees of what had been known as Radliff Burial Ground. In 1888 Samuel and Gertrude’s daughter. Barbara Hartman, and her husband Henry deeded an additional 2.14 acres – plus a strip of land for a road to the cemetery – to the trustees of what had become Hirstein Graveyard. Hirstein Cemetery became the formal name in 1918. Periodically since 1990 the size of Hirstein Cemetery has expanded for future use.
Designated Family Land Heritage Property. 100 Years of agriculture by the same family. The Bartos Place. Texas Commissioner of Agriculture.
Precision tooled bronze plaque with an insert logo and Times new Roman font.
Custom outline and logo for a cast aluminum plaque.
UV Printed Oval Photo inserted into the plaque.
Chesser-Williams House. One of the oldest surviving homes in Gwinnett County, this house was built in the 1850s. This style is referred to as an I-house. The house is unique because of the beautiful, hand painted folk art found on the exterior painted decoration in the state of Georgia and perhaps the South. The unknown artist was a traveling German painter who created the artwork in exchange for room and board. The house was located on property owned by Sue and Jerald Williams and moved from its original site six miles away. www. gwinnttEHC.org
Aluminum Cast Seal
Chester – Williams House. One of the oldest surviving homes in Gwinnett County, this house was built in the 1850s. The house was originally two rooms wide and one room deep. This style is referred to as an I-House. The house is unique because of the beautiful, hand painted folk art found on the exterior and interior, making it one of the only surviving examples of exterior painted decorations in the state of Georgia and perhaps the South. The unknown artist was a traveling German painter who created the artwork in exchange for room and board. The house was located on property owned by Sue and Jerald Williams and moved from its original site six miles away. www.gwinnettFHC.org
The Philadelphia Civic Flag. The First City Flag In America, 1895 Inspired by Rev. Dr. Henry C. McCook. Philadelphia Maneto “Let Brotherly Love Continue” Peace – Hope – Justice – Prosperity. Presented By Partners for Civic Price on the 120th Anniversary of the Civic Flag. March 27, 2015
Founders Grove. Onion Creek Club. Est. 1974. The Founders Grove is dedicated to the visionaries whose love of golf and the beauty of this land led to the establishment of Onion Creek Club Honoring. Jimmie Connolly, Willard Connolly. Jimmy Demaret, Charlie “Hong Kong” Wilson. Don Lyda, Hunter Schieffer. Lumberman’s Investment Corporation.
Dedicated to the Basilio Perez Family. In the early morning hours of December 14, 1949, the entire Perez family, while sleeping in a small wooden house on a cotton farm 10 miles northeast of Rotan perished in a tragic fire. Their remains are buried together in an unrecorded grave in this cemetery. Mr. Basilio Perez, age 75 Mr. & Mrs. Manuel Perez, ages 38 & 40 Mr. & Mrs. Alfredo Castillo, ages 21 & 14 Juanita Perez, age 12 Victoria Perez, age 10 Monse Perez, age 8 Jesus Perez, age 6 Manuela Perez, age 2 and a baby girl (Name not known) The cross of Jesus is in recognition and respect to the Perez family and other migrants who provided the hard hand labor for harvesting cotton in Fisher County, Texas. “Remove not the ancient landmark which thy fathers have set.” Proverbs 22:28 December 2015
Texas Division of emergency management. October 1997 – May 2012. Jack Colley 1948-2010. In Honor of Chief Jack Colley. His strong leadership, devotion, and tireless efforts in ensuring the safety of Texans will never be forgotten and set the example for the nation.
S 1 Baraugh of Anglesea 1885-1906 Boardwalk. In February 1904 Borough Council aithorized construction of a Boardwalk on Surf Avenue from this point to the Borough’s southern border. It was removed just 8 years later due to the rapidly- expanding beach, and a new Boardwalk was built closer to the ocean. Although a number of smaller Boardwalk had been built previously, the 1904 Boardwalk was the first to connect with its counterpart in Wildwood Borough. City of North Wildwood . New Jersey
Texas Historic Farm. Designated Family Land Heritage Property, Lindig Farms. Founded 1874. Family Owned 100 years continuous agriculture. Certified by the Commissioner Texas Department of Agriculture.
Cast aluminum plaque 9″ x 12″ with a custom border and cast logos.
In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. The Trumpet of conscience – 1967
There are many steps to creating our plaques. This step shown above is the tooling process, this step is taken after the plaque has been cast and cooled. In this step we clean out and remove any extra “slag”, which is any extra materiel left on the plaque after casting, and cleaning out each individual letter, to insure readability. This is the most important step in out production, it takes a steady hand and experience to create the clean simple lines we provide.
Designated Family Land Heritage Property. 100 years of agriculture by the same family. Arrington Ranch. Susan Combs. Texas Commissioner of Agriculture.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character, Washington DC – 1963
The Ocean City Historic District. The District, Bounded by 3rd and 8th Street and Central to Ocean avenues, has been placed on both the State and National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior. On October 20, 1879, Simon Lake, Ezra B. Lake, S. Wesley Lake, James E. Lake, William H. Burrell and William b. Wood, met to dedicate this island as a Christian seaside resort and to incorporate the Ocean City Association. By October 1880, a total of forty – eight buildings had ben constructed around a prayer meeting area bounded by 5th and 6th Streets and Wesley and Asbury Avenues. Many more structures were erected during the 1880’s and 1890;s that reflected the Victorian architecture popular during the era. Many of these buildings still stand to make up our historic district.
Dallas City Hall 1914 – 1978. For 64 years, this building served as the seat of municipal governance. It was designed by local architect Charles D. Hill in the Beaux Arts style popular for public buildings in the era. This, the fourth of Dallas’s city halls, conveyed an image of a prosperous, growing, and well-managed city.
Chesser -Williams House. One of the oldest surviving homes in Gwinnett County, this house was built in the 1850s. The house was originally two rooms wide and one room deep. This style is referred to as an I-house. The house is unique because of the beautiful, hand painted folk art found on the exterior and interior, making it one of the only surviving examples of exterior painted decorations in the state of Georgia and perhaps the South. The unknown artist was a traveling German painter who created the artwork in exchange for room and board. The house was located on property owned by Sue and Jarald Williams and moved from its original site six miles away.
UT Health Science Center San Antonio School of nursing.
The Briscoe – Western Art Museum. Scott Petty Foundation Gate.
The Longest Road – These Ruins are all that’s left of the original homestead of Christoffer Lange, an gentle German beer-maker who settled this land in 1841. He brewed small batches of lager from headwaters of the pedernales river (2 miles north) and stored it in a cool cellar somewhere on this property. Later generations of his family lived in this farmhouse until 1925 when it was converted to other uses. In 1967, Lange’s 17-year-old great-great grandson Conrad – who dreamed of being a writer – stowed his typewriter here and parked his bike beside this stone wall before enlisting in the Marine Corps and shipping out to Vietnam. Sadly, He was presumed killed in Quang Tri in 1968, but his body was never recovered. His parents prayed until the day they dies that their beloved “Connie” would miraculously return someday, so they left his bike just where you see it today.
Corporal John Paul Barta was a class of 2000 graduate of Flour Bluff High School. In his time at Flour Bluff he excelled as an athlete, being names to the All-State team in football and baseball. Athletics did not define John Paul though, because as good as he was on the field, he was an even better person off of the field. John Paul was a loyal, dedicated, and loving friend, brother, and son. His selflessness and giving heart led him to join Army. In 2006 John Paul lost his life in Iraq fighting for his country. This memorial is here to honor a great Hornet and an American Hero, who always gave his all to everything he did, and in the end he gave his life fighting for his country.
22″ h x 22″ w bronze Floor plaque. These plaques are mounted in the place of pavers.
Mission Branch Library. North Courtyard. This courtyard is dedicated in memory of the lives and contributions of San Antonio’s first peoples, their families, and the communities they build at and near San Antonio’s Historic Missions.
Cast bronze and aluminum plaques of multiple sizes.
First Settlers of Bluefield. This is the original meeting site of John Davidson and Richard Bailey in 1778 to determine the location of their homes. The Bailey Log House and the Rock Monument Marker have been relocated to Sander’s House Complex.
Knox Chapel. Dedicated to the memory of the lives of Christian service of. Robert Knox, D. D. Maie Borden Knox. Missionaries to Korea. 1907 – 1950. Commemorating the 175th anniversary of the First Presbyterian Church Galveston Texas. 1840 – 2015. By Robert Knox Rider. Tiffany Ferne Rider Parmenter.
Ken Schrom Plaza. Ken Schrom dedicated 43 years to professional baseball, as both a standout pitcher and decorated front office executive. Schrom came to Corpus Christi in the autumn of 2003 in advance of the Hooks’ inaugural 2005 Campaign, he enjoyed a 16-year tenure with the club, including 11 as team president. Schrom, who was a fixture at the plaza greeting fans as they passed through the main gates, earned Texas league executive of the year honors in 2005, and was inducted into the league’s hall of fame in 2016. Under his leadership, the Hooks were naned Texas League organization of the year three times in a 10-year span from 2009 to 2018. Schrom pitched seven seasons in Major League Baseball with Toronto, Minnesota and Cleveland. In 1983. the Grangeville, Idaho Native was named Twins pitcher of the year after going 15-8 with a 3.71 ERA. Schrom was the Indians’ opening day starter and an American League All-Star in 1986, winning 10 if his first 12 decisions the University of Idaho. Product logged a career best 206 innings pitched that season,
The Elizabeth Myatt Classroom. Named in honor of Elizabeth Myatt Professor of Spanish 1926-1925, 1931-1969. Fore selfless dedication and service to McMurry University.
dedication plaques for jack guenther pavilion and Amy & V. H. Chnutt sculpture Garden, aluminum cast
Loesch Ranch L Est. 1897
Custom Precision tooled plaque
Pecan Valley Groundwater conservation district. Founded 2001. Founding Directors. Errol J. Dietze 2001 – 2010. Lias B. Steen 2001 – 2007 Peggy Laging 2001 – 2003 Gaty Colman 2001 – 2010 Bob McCurdy 2001 – 2003.
mixture of cast aluminum and bronze plaques.
(Rhino logo) The Last Three. By Gillie and Marc. Soecial thanks to our generous Donors. Gusfavo & Rebeca Arredondo. The Capital group companies Charitable foundation. Annita Hereford – Crump The Cameron Davies Family. Jack Guenther Family. The Hakspiel Family. The Mann Family. The Family of Catherine and Wilbur Matthews. The Morrow family. Friends of Tim Morrow. Rebecca Clare Mortis & Olivia Clare Orozco Ordaz Manzanilla Family. The Redding family. The Muriel F. Siebert foundation. Dr. Tellez family. Sara Stumberg Walker. Lawson and riley Ealker Chris and Michell Wammack. Warriors Heart. Othon Welsh Family.
We at Southwell Bronze make the Texas Family Land Heritage plaques created to display the honor of owning and operating a farm or ranch within the same family for 100 years or more. We take each plaque as an honor to be apart of such amazing history. For more information on our Family Land Heritage plaques please give us a call or email us!
Cheyenne Club. 1880-1888. Re-established on this site August 1, 2019. The transcontinental railroad and prosperous ranching brought to this area cattle barons, industrial giants, political figures and British aristocrats. In the 1880s, an exclusive club was formed to serve this elite class; Cheyenne Club. Cheyenne Club was where deals were struck alongside some of the world’s most renowned cuisine, wine, liquor and cigars. Cheyenne Club’s glory days were short, as the deadly blizzards of 1886 and 1887 drove members away. It is our vision to recreate the magic of Cheyenne Club and see its reputation for the finest in food, beverage and hospitality regain global recognition. We welcome you, and hope you enjoy being part of a wonderful legacy reborn at The Farm at Brush Creek. May the spirit of the Wyoming Cattlemen live here in perpetuity.
painted bronze- cast
Custom cast logo for the Southwell Co. Made for the 150th year anniversary
Custom Bronze single line with a smooth leatherette.
Bicentennial Celebration 1976. Medallion designed by Ben Jarrett. President Gerald Ford by proclamation urged communities across the nation to affirm the “Founding Fathers’ principles of dignity, equality, government by representation and liberty” by establishing their own style of celebrations. Borden County residents begon planning on July of 1975 to coordinate a two- day event in which the festivity proceeds would go toward a county park. The dates were set for May 29-30, 1976. Mardes Clayton made land for the park available, and the original location was north of the current school building. This historical marker marks the park location, established in 2012. Committees were formed and plans were put together that included an arts and crafts fair in the show barn and Posse building, a cookbook with historical family recipes, a wild west show in the county arena, a family history book, a local and national historical family recipes, a wild west show in the county arena, a family history book, a local and national historical pageant performed in the school auditorium, an embroidered and appliqued quilt made by women throughout the county, and a barbeque that fed 3,000. Most memorable was the trail drive that began near Justiceburg and traveled through Griffith Canyon. The final destination was downtown Gail where the trail drive showcased a parade which included Native American, cavalry, buffalo, longhorns, covered wagons, horse riders representing circuit preachers, pioneers, hinters and trappers and many floats depiction national pride in 200 years of our nation and 100 years of local history. The estimated crowd on May 29 was 10,000 people. Highway 180 was closed to traffic and stories abound about the traffic jam. Hundreds of volunteers provided a day of celebration that brought the community together for one incredible day of fun and festivities. Sunday, May 30, was called Homecoming Day, A smaller crown of 300 gathered at the football stadium to hear music and spiritual messages. The highlight of the morning was the drawing for the quilt that was won by the father of the quilt designer. The quilt, with 76 squares that represent local history, was gifted to the county and now permanently hangs in the hall of the Borden County courthouse.
painted aluminum cut out
Espace Catherine Cremnitz Decret du 29 mai 1992
McAllen – Hidalgo International Bridge. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Bridge Board of Trustees. James E. Darling – Chairman & City of McAllen Mayor. Sergio Coronado – Vice Chairman & City of Hidalgo Mayor. Veronica Whitacre – Trustee & City of McAllen Mayor Pro – Tem. Javier Villalobos – Trustee & City of McAllen Commissioner. Martin Anzaldua – Trustee. Roel “Roy” Rodriguez P.E. – McAllen City Manager. Juan Olaguibel – Superintendent of Bridges. Julian Gonzalez – Hidalgo City Manager. 2020. Architect: Rodolfo R. Molina , JR., A.I.A. Milnet Architectural Services. Contractor: NM Contracting, LLC.
F. W. Woolworth. During the 1960s, F. W. Woolworth Comapny operated the lunch counters at its “five-and-dime stores” on a “local custom” basis – meaning racially segregated seating in the Sothern United States. As the movement to resist segregation grew, the Tupelo Woolworth store lunch counter was the scene of local protests. While other sit-ins were contentious, the Tupelo events were peaceful. In 1964, the passage of the Civil Rights Act prompted Woolworth to announce “now the company will be able to serve all its customers in all of its stores on a desegregation basis,” The Cival Rights Act was momentous for African- Americans; however. as in most of the South, it would be several years until integration were commonplace in Tupelo.
Methacton High School. Lighted Turf Fields, Softball Fields, Track Improvements, and Other Amenities. 2015. Methacton School District Board of School Directors. S. Christian Nascimento – President. Brenda G. Hackett – Vice President. James W. Phillips. Cathleen Barone. Herbert B. Rothe, III. Peter MacFarland. Maria Shackelford, Gregory J. Pellicano. Kim Woodring, Dr. David A. Zerbe – Siperintendent of schools. Stuart Whiteleather – Chief Financial officer. Judith C. Gallagher – Landis – Principal. Frank R. Bartle, Esq – Solicitor
Prairie Castle. Designed and Named by Charles Montooth, AIA . 1920 – 2014. Taliesin – Frank Lloyd wright architects. Spring Green, Whisconsin. Charles Montooth began as a student and protege of weight in 1945 and throughout his 62-year career designed many of the dirm’s signature buildings. Prairie castle was one of the last homes designed by Charles, the firm’s last active Wright-Trained architect. Minerva, Charles’ wife of 62 years, began with Taliesin in 1947, spending much of her life long career as a personal assistant to Wright’s wife, Olgivanna. (Prairie-style architecture). General Contractor – Allen Z. Reich, PH.D. Completed in 2005.
Aluminum cast plaque with a custom logo and outline.
Cast aluminum historic marker plaques.
Corten Steel Engraved plaque, with a rusted finish.
The Philadelphia Civic Flag . The First City Flag In America, 1895 Inspired by Rev. Dr. Henry C. McCook. Philadelphia Maneto. “Let Brotherly Love Continue”. Peace ~ Hope ~ Justice ~ Prosperity. Presented By Partners For Civic Pride on the 120th Anniversary of the Civic Flag. March 27, 2015.
The 2019 Restoration of Jamestown’s Memorial church was made possible thanks to the generosity of the following friends; The general society of colonial wars James city county The Jamestown society The National society of the colonial dames of America The Virginia society of colonial wars 2019 commemoration, American evolution dedicated July 30, 2019 in commemoration of the 400th anniversary of America’s first general assembly which took place here.
Cast aluminum plaques with a custom border and black leatherette background
Dedicated to the Basilio Perez Family. In the early morning hours of December 14, 1949, the entire Perez family, while sleeping in a small wooden house on a cotton farm 10 miles northeast of Rotan perished in a tragic fire. Their remains are buried together in an unrecorded grave in this cemetery. Mr. Basilio Perez, age 75. Mr. & Mrs. Manuel Perez, ages 38 & 40. Mr. & Mrs. Alfredo Castillo, ages 21 & 14. Juanita Perez, age 12. Victoria Perez, age 10. Monse Perez, age 8. Jesus Perez, age 6. Manuela Perez, age 2. and a baby girl (name not known) The cross of Jesus is in recognition and respect to the Perez family and other migrants who provided the herd hand labor for harvesting cotton in Fisher County, Texas. “Remove not the ancient landmark which thy fathers have set.” Proverbs 22:28. December 2015
Custom Bordered bronze laser etched plaque.
Region One Education Service Center Professional Development and Conference Center. Edinburg, Texas. 2019 – 2020. Board of Directors. Raul R. Chapa – Brooks county, Willacy county. Ruben Cortez JR. – Cameron county. Sonia A. Falcon – Hidalgo County. Dr. Manuel Gomez JR. – Cameron County. Richardo Gutierrez – Jim Hogg County, Starr County, Zapata County. Laura A. McCoy – Webb County. Roberto Moroles – Charter Schools Rep. Alicia E. Requenez – Hidalgo County. Dr. Cornelio Gonzalez – Executive Directori (2013 to present) Gignac Architects Raymond Gignac, Architect. D.Illison Construction co. General Contractor.
Dunbar School 1927 – 1956 Centralia’s Public School system operated Dunbar School for African-American students from 1927 until desegregation in 1956. The two-room brick structure, located on the corner of West Wilson and Fullenwider Streets, was named after Paul Laurence Dunbar: a child of slaves, renowned poet, novelist and playwright. The brick two room school was constructed with a hipped-ridge roof, coal stove-heaters, and black-painted plaster walls for chalk boards. One teacher taught 20 to 30 students in grades 1-8. High School was not available in Centralia for African-American teens until the 1940s, when the district provided a school bus to fifteen miles away to Garfield High School in Mexico, Mo. In 1956, the Dunbar School was closed when African-American students joined the rest of the student population in Centralia R-6 schools. Once closed, the building was sold and, over time, Dunbar School was abandoned and almost forgotten. This marker honors the African-American children and their teachers who walked through the floors of Dunbar School. They paved the path of equality for all who follow, and changed the face of a community, making Centralia a better place to live.
General George C. Marshall “There are few men whose qualities of mind and character have impressed me so deeply as those of General Marshall. He is a great American, but he is more than that. In war he was as wise and understanding in counsel as he was resolute in action. In peace he was the architect who planned the restoration to our battered European economy and, at the same time, labored tirelessly to establish a system of Western defense, He has always fought victoriously against defeatism. Discouragement, and disillusion. Succeeding generations must not be allowed to forget his achievements and his example.” – Winston Churchill
This Property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.
Tranquility Bade Texas. Homesteaded by. Thomas Meyer. And His Trusty Doggies: Iris, Rosebud and Rachael. February 1995. Sone of Julius J. and Rachael Meyer.
Donor Wall. Bronze borderless plaques with an anodized finish and a smooth background. Versus sizes
10″ h x 15″ w National Register of Historic Places Aluminum Square Plaque.
Bruington Rural Historic District. National Register of Historic Places.
Precision tooled bronze plaque with a brown smooth background and cast logo.
Texas Historical Commission State antiquities landmarks, aluminum cast
John Wesley Hardin. John Wesley Hardin was not an outlaw; he was, however, a killer. It began with the accidental killing of an ex-slave during the time of one of the most corrupt administrations to ever occupy the governor’s office. Hardin was 15 years old when the rangers came after him, and he killed them too. By April of 1874 when Hardin, Jim Taylor, and cousins pushed a herd of longhorns into the town of Hamilton, he had been the state police’s most wanted man for years. With the cattle drive that would push the herd north over a month away, Hardin and the others decided to spend the time in Comanche, Where they could visit family. Comanche was known for good horse racing, and with race day planned for Hardin’s 21st birthday, Comanche was the perfect place to celebrate. By nightfall of May 26, 1874, the boys had won over $3,000 as well as most of the horses and the wagons in the county. Taking their winnings to town, the celebrating began in the Carnes-Wilson Saloon, on the west end of the north side of the square. soon the entourage moved up the street, heading east, where the Jack Wright Saloon was located, no one realizing that Brown Coundty Deputy Charles Webb had com to town for the purpose of killing Hardin.
Birthplace of Coca-Cola. The First glass of Coca – Cola was sold for five cents on May 8, 1886, at Jacobs’ Pharmacy, a popular Atlanta soda fountain that was located on this corner. Coca-Cola was created by Atlanta pharmacist John Pemberton in his laboratory just a short walk from this location. Atlanta businessman Asa Candler began to purchase the rights to the formula for Coca-Cola in 1888 and founded the Coca-Cola across the country. Candler sold the company in 1919 for $25 million to a group of investors that included Ernest Woodruff. His son, Robert Woodruff, led Coca-Cola for more than half of the twentieth century, expanding Coca-Cola into a global business. Today Coca-Cola is the most widely recognized consumer product in the world. Erected by Georgia Historical Society and the Coca-Cola company.
Historic Landmark 1905 Bay City Historic Commission. The Sargent Rugeley Herreth Home. On May 5, 1969. A.C. Herreth Jr. and wife Georgia, purchased this home. It had been vacant for a number of years and required extensive restoration, which included landscaping and the planting of the main beautiful oak trees. With true Southern hospitality, the Herreth family has opened their home to many churches, civic, cultural. historical, patriotic and political organizations in which they held memberships and positions of leadership. Visitors to the Herreth home have included
Cast aluminum plaque with metallic gold painted border and letters. Black classic leatherette background and post mounted with wings.
Cast sculpted seal for the United states of America department of the Navy
The Mayors House. Circa 1900. For over 150 Years 5 Harrisonville Mayors owned and/ or occupied 702 E. Pearl St. H. W. Younger (Cole Youngers Father). James M. Cooper. A.H. Boggs. Lee Spicer. Theodore F. Behler.
Morningside Ministries. Senior Living Communities. Symbols of God’s Love. In Loving memory of. Sarah and Alvin Loewenberg. by their son, Albin A. Loewenberg. April 2016. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may lice long in the land of the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20: 12
Ken Schrom Plaza. Ken Schrom dedicated 43 years to professional baseball as both a standout pitcher and decorated front office executive. Schrom came to corpus Christi in the autumn of 2003in advance of the Hooks’ inaugural 2005 campaign. He enjoyed a 16-year tenure with the club, including 11 as team president. Schrom, who was a fixture at this plaza greeting fans as they passed through the main gates, earned Texas league executive of the year honors in 2005, and was inducted into the league’s hall of dame in 2016. Under his leadership, the Hooks were named Texas league organization of the year three times in a 10-year span from 2009 to 2018. Schrom pitched seven seasons in major league baseball with Toronto, Minnesota and Cleveland. In 1983, the Grangeville, Idaho native was named twins pitcher of the year after going 15-8 with a 3.71 era. Schrom was the Indians’ opening day starter and an American League all – star in 1986, winning 10 of his first 12 decisions. The University of Idaho product logged a career – best 206 innings pitched that season.
Knox Chapel. Dedicated to the memory of the lives of Christian service of Robert Knox, D. D. Maie Borden Knox. Missionaries to Korea. 1907 – 1950. Commemoration the 175th anniversary of the first Presbyterian Church Galveston Texas. 1840-2015. By Robert Knox Rider Tiffany Ferne Rider Parmenter.
Rosa Parks. 1913-2005. Mother of the Civil Rights Movement. “I would like to be known as a person who is concerned about freedom and equality and justice and prosperity for all people.”
Fulton Convention Center. Paws and Taws. Dedication 2020. Mayor Jimmy Kendrick. Town Council. Alderman place 1 – Robert Loflin. Leslie “Googles” Cole. Alderwoman place 2 – Beverly Garis. Alderwoman place 3 – Kelli Cole. Carol Thomson. Alderman Place 4, Mayor Portem – Craig Bohn. Alderman place 5 – Larry Pahmiyer. Contractor. Weaver & Jacobs Constructors, Inc Cuero, Texas. Architect. Burns Architecture, LLC Kenneth C. Burns, AIA Lakeway, Texas. Town of Fulton, Texas.
Designated Family Land Heritage Property. 100 years of agriculture by the same family. Scott Hewitt Ranch. Susan Combs. Texas Commissioner of Agriculture.
Cast bronze plaque with a custom double line and concealed mounting.
Robert Martin (Bob) was born in 1912. He won a cute baby contest in 1913 and was kissed by Theodore Roosevelt. He attended Mckinley, Broadwater and Jefferson Elementary Schools, and Billings High School which is now the Lincoln Center. He was a WWII Army veteran, called up in the Montana National Guard which was incorporated into the 163 Infantry seeing action in the South Pacific. He was stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington where he met his future wife, Hattie. After returning to Billings he worked for a variety of business including Midland Implement Co. and Martin Vertical Blinds as owner. Besides his family Bob was proud of all the fun many people had with the “Lame Duck” motor boat which was used for fishing and water-skiing all over Montana. Many friends of the Martins learned to water ski behind the “Lame Duck”.
ProCare. Automotive & Collision Inc. Procare if a family oriented team that wow’s our customers by setting and exceeding your expectations. We show we care by taking personal responsibility to repair your vehicle as fast as possible and treating everyone with empathy, honesty, and integrity.
Kimberlin. On the Brazos Ranch. Established 1855 by. Oliver Loving. Dean of Texas Trail Deivers and Pioneer Cattleman. Settled this Loving’s or Big Valley Ranch in 1855 and was granted a Homestead Prldnt by Texas in 1859, Taking advantage of the numerous free ranging and Longhorn Cattle and the Terrain of this Ranch, loving and family would roundup wild Texas cattle – driving many here where bluffs and their few rock fences provided a cheep place to hold end pasture cattle, while accumulating a sizable herd for the drive. Loving’s early drives were to Louisiana. In 1858 he trailed the first major cattle drive North through Indian Territory to Illinois. In 1866 the 54 year old Loving and Charles Goodnight, a Younger but experienced neighboring rancher and friend. teamed up with 18 cowboys to drives some 2,000 Texas cattle up on indien infested, arid trail from this area southwesterly to the Pecos River, then north through New Mexico on to Denver – latter to be known as the Histork. Goodnight – Loving Trail. In 1867 Oliver Loving was wounded by Indians and died of gangrene up the trail on New Mexico, Honoring his last request, his partner Goodnight and others returned loving’s body to Weatherford for burial, Larry McMarty;s epic novel and the now famous TV Movie “lonesome Dave” were based upon that Texas and Western Legend. After Loving’s death, this ranch was passed to his hairs, including his oldest son, James C. Loving who to 1877 in Graham, along with Captain C.C. Slaughter, founded the Texas Cattle Raisers Association to deter rustling. From Loving’s notes, the Loving Brand Book was later produced, documenting over 1,500 original early legitimate regional Cattle Owners and Brands. This historic Ranch has belonged to the Kimberlia Family since 1941 – the year first dom on the Brezos River was completed here and Possum Kingdom Lake filled. Coincidently, the scenes in Lonesome Dave of the establishment of their “Montana” Ranch were actually filmed in northern New Mexico on a Ranch owned by the Kimberlin’s now known as the Hat Creek Ranch.
Winston Churchill High School JROTC Facility. 2011 Capital Improvement Bond Program. Board of Trustees. Susan Galindo – President – District 3. Letti Bresnahan – Vice President – District 6. Sandy Hughey – Secretary – District 1. Shannon Grona – Trustee – District 5. Brigitte Perkins – Trustee – District 7. Jim Wheat – Trustee – District 4. Edd White – Trustee – District 2. Superintendent of Schools. Dr, Brian G, Gottardy. 2015.
Bless O Lord, This thy house, and all who enter in.
The Early Presbyterian church on Jan Juan Island. Presbyterian worship first took place on San Juan Island in 1860 at what is today American camp, in 1870, Rev. T. J. Weekes came from St. Andrews Presbyterian church in Victoria, B.C. to become the congregation’s first resident pastor. In 1878 construction began on the beautiful little church before you. It was originally named the “Emmanuel Presbyterian Church.” But is known today as the “Valley Church.” The original 1978 deed says: “Washington Territory Conveys this property to the San Juan Presbyterian Church for its quiet and peaceful possession.” Weekly worship commenced here on July 8, 1882. When this church was built Friday Harbor did not yet exist. In 1897 the congregation moved to spring street in Friday harbor where it continues its ministry today. The church property was resold to the county in 1930.
Plaque 1. San Antonio Salutes The Southwell Co. on 150 years of progress. The S.A. Chamber of commerce. Plaque 2. San Antonio salutes. The Southwell Co. on 100 years of progress. The S.A. Chamber of Commerce. 1866 – 1966. Plaque 3. San Antonio Salutes The Southwell Co. on 125 years of progress, The S.A. Chamber of Commerce. 1866-1991.
cast aluminum plaques
Nichols Green Phase IV. A Texas local Park Grant Project. Founded in part from a portion of the State sales Tax on sporting goods administered by recreation grants branch. Special thanks to: Senator Robert & Donna Nichols. City Council. Dick Stone, Mayor. Jeff Smith, Mayor Pro – Tem. Hubert Robinson, Randy Gorham, Ann Chandler, Mo Raissi, City Manager. October 2016. Park Design by; MHS Planning & Design, LLC – Tyler, Texas. Contractor: Berry & Clay construction – Rusk, Texas.
A bronze cast plaque
Precision tooled painted logo.
Purple Heart Elementary School. Board of Trustees. 2013 – 2014 Cynthia A. Najera – President. Paul Guerra – Vice President. Angelica Rodriguez – Secretary. Antonio “Tony” Ayub – Trustee. Gary Gandara – Trustee. Hector F. Gonzalez – Trustee. Michael A. Najera- Trustee. Jose Espinoza, Ed. D. – Superintendent of Schools. 2014- 2015. Paul Guerra – President. Angelica Rodriguez – Vice President. Antonio “Tony” Ayub – Secretary. Gary Gandara – Trustee. Hector F. Gonzalez – Trustee. Michael A. Najera – Trustee. Cynthia A. Najera – Trustee. Jose Espinoza, Ed. D. – Superintendent of Schools. 2015. Thomas A. Eyeington, AIA. Chief Operations officer. Facilities and Planning department. Architect. GA Architecture INC. Gerry Gutierrez, AIA. VLK Architects. Contractor. Arrow Building Corp.
City of Toledo Department of Public Utilities Division of water treatment Collins park water treatment plant Ozone treatment Facilities. 2020. Mayor – Wade Kapszukiewicz. City Council. Matt Cherry – President. Tyrone Riley. Cecelia Adams. Theresa Gadus. Gary Johnson. Yvonne Harper. Nick Komives. Sam Melden. Rob Ludeman. Chris Delaney. Katie Moline, Larry Sykes. Director of Public Utilities. Edward A. Moore. Commissioner of Plant Operations. Patekka Pope Bannister. Plant Administrator. Andrew P. McClure. Contractors. Shook Construction. Colgan-Davis. Bayes Mechanical. Tuttle Construction. Consulting Engineers. Black & Veatch. ARCADIS. Dmytryka Jacobs Engineers, Vision Design Group. Professional Construction Management, AECOM, Stantec. Smoot Construction. CSL. Lathrop.
The Gypsy Ted Sullivan Wylie Classroom. Named in honor of Gypsy Ted Sullivan Wylie Dean if Fine Arts 1923-1954. For selfless dedication and service to McMurry University.
Robert Lynn Batts Tobin ( 1934 – 2000) The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts in dedicated in memory of Robert Lynn Batts Tobin (1934-2000) as a celebration of his lifelong devotion to the arts especially the performing arts – and in honor of his and his family’s historic support for the arts in San Antonio and across the nation. The Tobin Family’s connection to this site began in 1926, when San Antonio Mayor John W. Tobin. Robert’s great uncle, dedicated the newly-constructed Municipal Auditorium in honor of these American soldiers who died in World War I. The Auditorium was largely destroyed by fire in 1979 and, after it was rebuilt, Robert’s mother, Margaret Batts Tobin (1898 – 1989). was honorary co-chair of the Phoenix Ball gala reopening in 1986, while Robert provided the decor from his collection of famous stage settings. in 2008, The City of San Antonio Donated the building and grounds to the Bexar County Performing Arts Center Foundation to be re-purposed as a new performing arts center. Following a %15 Million gift from The Tobin Endowment in 2010, the new facility was given Robert’s name. The Tobin Family was known for it deep ties to San Antonio. Robert Tobin was a descendant of the Canary Islands colonists who arrived in 1731 and settled the area that grew into San Antonio. Robert loved this city as if her had been one of those first San Antontans. His father, Edgar G. Tobin (1896 – 1954). a flying ace in World War I, founded Tobin Aerial Mapping Co. In 1928. Later called Tobin Surveys, the company became the largest aerial mapping firm in the world. Robert and Margaret, who helped to organize the city’s first symphony orchestra in 1939 and establish an opera series, were actively engaged not only in major art philanthropy but also in key civic projects, including HemisFair ’68. Robert was an avid collector of fine art and shared his energy and leadership with the Boards of the McNay Art Museum of San Antonio and the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Above all, Robert had a special love for theater and, in particular, opera. He was a member of the Board of Directors of The Metropolitan Opera in New York and helped found The Santo Fe Opera. He was always generous in his support for opera in San Antonio and his enthusiasm was reflected by far more than philanthropy. In fact, Robert had an abiding interest om staging, set design and costume, and spent many hundreds of happy hours – beginning at age 16 – as a stagehand for opera productions om San Antonio. He knew and respected everyone who worked in “the back of the house.” That friendship was reciprocated backstage after a performance of “Faust” at the Municipal Auditorium in 1965 when the members of the local stagehand union surprised him with a gold union membership card – a moment that Robert would carry with him the rest of his life. Robert’s interest in opera, theatre and staging led him to begin assembling a world -renowned collection of scenery designs and costumes which grew to more that 10,000 objects, raging from small set models to costume and set drawings to full-sized scenery backdrops. During his lifetime, Robert began giving his collection to the McNay Art Museum and, upon his death the entire collection was transferred to the McNay, where it is housed today as The Tobin Collection of Theatre Arts. Robert L. V. Tobin was a man of many interests – growing the Tobin Surveys business, medical care for the less fortunate, architecture, book collecting, historic preservation. philanthropy and more. But always in his mind and heart were art, theatre, and opera. So upon its opening on September 4, 2014, it is fitting that visitors to The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, pass through the original façade of the Municipal Auditorium, dedicated in 1926 by Mayor Tobin, and then encounter an extraordinary, world-class cultural center with state-of-the-art acoustics where, with each inspiring and enriching performance, Robert Tobin’s legacy and love of the arts lives on in his hometown.
Squire Mott Grist Mill. Near this site in 1814, Charles “Square” Mott constructed a dam at swan river and put a grist mill on it and adjacent to it, a home. Mills like squire mott’s, and later factories on Patchogue’s three streams, established it as a manufacturing center on the south shore of long island earning Patchogue its first nickname, “Milltown”. Erected by the greater Patchogue Historic Society. 2016. “The Creek” The Patchogue River and Shipbuilding. The Patchogue river. “The Creek.” Has been home to many boatyards many early boat were built in town and hauled to the water. One of the first builder, Hiram Gerard relocated to the river in the 1850’s and built a number of schooners, 300 to 375 tons burden. Captain Charles proys operated a shipyard on Love Lane (Now Atlantic Avenue) Oliver “Boss: Perry Smith succeeded him from 1850. 1972 build 18 schooners ( 50 480 tons). 19 sloops for Oystering and one brig, the first to be launched on the great south bay. Barteau and Nichols built schooners, Oyster boats and other craft. Elisha Saxton succeeded Nichols after his partner’s death and took on a Gilbert Monrot Smith from good grounds in 1876. Gil Smith established his own business in 1882 on the east side of the river and became Patchogue’s most well-known and prolific builder, crafting more than 400 boats known for their beauty speed and handling. Other Boatmakers and yards included Dewitt Conklin (1923) Marion Perkinson, George Miller (1897-1919). Samuel C. weeks. Captain Charles Baker and several sons and grandsons, George Bishop (1897 ) and Frank M. Weeks on river avenue, continuing Patchogue’s maritime tradition. Erected by the Great Patchogue historical society. 2016.
Melvin Gillette 6/4/38 – 1/7/03 Mevin was a past President and the Secretary/Treasurer of the Dick Dowling Lions Club of Sabine Pass, Texas; He led the club with tireless enthusiasm, dedication and vision. As a retired Coast Guardsman , he had a keen interest in the two lighthouse in the Sabine Pass area, one being the 18-Mile Light offshore in the Gulf. Mevin was influential in securing the placement of sard lighthouse here in the park. He was instrumental in continuing the improvement and upkeep of this park. He was a community leader whose selfless devotion to his club, his community and his family is a continuing inspiration. May. 2016
United Independent School District. Lyndon B. Johnson High School. “Expect the Best, Be the Best, Wolf Pride!” Dedicated to the Past, Present, Future Wolves & Our Amazing Johnson High School Faculty and Staff.
1787. Historic Village of Westport Point. Called Paquachuck by the Indians, This village thrived during the Whaling era. The original village existed on the Horseneck side, where Franklin D. Roosevelt would often come years later to improve his health. In 1740 the First Point Wharf was built and a Shipyard for large vessels developed just east of it. As many as eighteen ships were sailing from the Point in 1857 and Numerous Captains built their homes along Main Road. The area contained a Saltworks, sail lofts, coopers, blacksmiths, a saw mill, taverns, a custom house and various stores.